In 2012 I read a small ad in Zoomer magazine advertising a women’s tour of Paris that sounded like something worth investigating. When I did, I ended up taking the trip in October of that year and it was wonderful. I received an e-mail from Kathi Oliver, the organizer, this week and thought I’d share it with my Boomer Broad readers because the trip was a bit different and it might appeal to you for the same reasons.
Kathi Oliver runs these excursions twice each year, in May and October. Here are just some of the reasons I liked this particular trip:
- The group is limited to only twelve women which is a manageable size and allowed us to get to know each other.
- My fellow travelers were in our age-group—Boomers. Most were retired or semi-retired although a few were still working full-time. Therefore, we had many common denominators, were generally like-minded and enjoyed sharing tales. They were a fascinating and diverse group of ladies from across Canada and I will never forget how much I enjoyed their company and what we learned from each other.
- Our hotel was located a ten-minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and within walking distance of many Paris attractions.
- We each had a private room with bath in a small, clean, modest boutique-hotel. A couple of the ladies were traveling with friends and shared a room. We each purchased a one-week Métro pass which allowed us to travel almost everywhere except our day-trip to Giverney which was by private coach.
We visited non-traditional sites such as galleries and stores not usually covered by conventional tours such as Eiffel Tower and Arche de triomphe.
- We weren’t subjected to an onerous schedule; we had plenty of free time to explore on our own.
- The cost was reasonable. Breakfast was included but we each paid for our own lunch and dinners at wonderful French restaurants within walking distance of our hotel.
- Kathi Oliver was a great mother hen who took care of us beautifully.
I recommend tacking a few extra days on at the end to take in more of the sights that are not part of the tour. If you chose to follow up and join Kathi and the ladies, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Here’s the information and link:
I would like to invite you to join us in September when we return to Paris for a week of sightseeing, shopping and lovely dinners in the 7th arrondissement.
We depart on September 26 and return on October 4.
The cost is $4800 plus tax of $650. This includes return economy airfare and transfer to and from the Hotel Muguet. It also includes a single room with private bath and breakfast each morning as well as the scheduled events on the itinerary each day.
If you are interested in this trip and would like a copy of my itinerary please let me know.
Our home for the week will be the charming Hotel Muguet www.hotelparismuguet.com in the genteel 7th arrondissement.
Our group is limited to only twelve women. We invite you to join us. Please book early to reserve your place.
Of course you will have plenty of opportunity to visit beautiful boutiques, discover fabulous artisans and absorb the enticing influence of the city.
For a taste of what to expect in Paris I recommend this book by Janelle McCulloch: PARIS An Inspiring Tour of the City’s Creative Heart. Check your local library or bookstore.
A Woman’s Paris
Tel: 416 499 5094
For further insights into the Boomer perspective on business, fashion, mind and body, order my new book, BOOMERBROADcast. It makes a great hostess or birthday gift as well as just a fun read. Click on this link: http://www.lulu.com or http://www.amazon.com